The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting in the oversight of the operations conducted at Hail Creek Travel Center and specifically to provide support to the General Manager in the overall planning and management of profit centers and various support functions to maximize productivity and profitability and to meet the growth objectives of Taos Pueblo via the Hail Creek Travel Center.
- Responsible for overall operation of the Travel Center and supervision of all mid-level management and their subordinates.
- Will assist in the formulation of the budget to be approved by the Taos Pueblo Business Development Corporation.
- Ensure all staff members are adhering to the operational policies and procedures to achieve profit and volume objectives.
- Be responsible to assist in employee development and the staffing of Hail Creek with qualified, well-trained personnel.
- Lead mid-level management in the identification of operational problems and put into place policies and procedures to solve such problems.
- Assist with the coordination and development of statistical data such as inventory trends analyses. Monitor all functions of inventory control.
- Network assigned departments with other Travel Center functions, e.g. Operations, Marketing, Human Resources and Finance.
- Coordinate and assist in the short-term and long-term planning process with the Business Development Board
- Work with Surveillance and Taos Pueblo Public Safety department to ensure guest and employee safety and protection.
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned by the Taos Pueblo Business Development Board.
- Must attend and satisfactorily complete all training as directed by supervisor or the Human Resources Department.
- Will be responsible for working with tribal entities to include the Tribal Controller.
- Hold subordinates accountable for attending and satisfactorily completing all required training as directed by supervisor or the Human Resources Department.
- Create and maintain a safe working environment for all customers and employees.
- Must be proficient in reading, understanding and speaking the English Language.
- Other duties as assigned.