Finance SpecialistFinance Specialist
DreamTree Project - Taos, NM
$18 - $21 an hour
A full-time regular nonexempt employee at 36 hours/week.
- Provides service with integrity, respect, empathy, and
confidentiality to program participants, staff, and donors.
- Supports a safe and structured environment for all staff and
- Performs general bookkeeping and accounting functions.
- Up to 60% virtual, 40% in-person office
Overall Finance Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely financial records.
- Perform finance duties and bookkeeping for DreamTree Project and Ziggy’s.
- Keep electronic files for a/p, a/r, je’s, cash receipts, voided checks, bank recs,
and bank statements.
- Serve as a liaison with staff and vendors on general finance and payroll
- Participate in the annual audit process and any funder monitoring requests
throughout the year.
- Participate in the finance research as the Finance Director completes the
- Enter donations received in the donor database.
- Process biweekly payroll per the Payroll Checklist.
- Attend meetings as scheduled, including but not limited to the weekly staff
meeting, weekly supervision, and monthly reflective supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities:
- Audit petty cash.
- Prepare deposits and post cash receipts.
- Process rent rolls and invoice tenant/client rents.
- Invoice miscellaneous tenant rents and other incidental charges.
- Responsible for meeting with the Finance Director on monthly and quarterly
reporting needs for funders.
- Responsible for managing the aged accounts receivable and following up on
Accounts Payable Responsibilities:
- Process accounts payable invoices by date stamping, verifying coding and
entering into the accounting system.
- Coordinate electronic approval process of all accounts payable invoices
- Responsible for the bill allocation spreadsheet and scheduling
departmental spending allocation meetings.
- Prepare check runs and process manual and voided checks in the system.
- Prepare online payments and ACHs
- Coordinating new vendor setup and entering new vendors into the system with
complete 1099 information
- Research past-due balances, vendor statements, and vendor discrepancies
and follow through to resolution.
- Generate NTTCs
- Review rent rolls with the Housing Specialist and process landlord rents.
- Maintain a hardcopy file of rental agreements for all housing assistance
landlords, and an electronic copy in the shared Finance drive.
- Record rent adjustments (vacancies, manager rents, miscellaneous charges).
- Copy vendor invoices for contract billing and balance sheet reconciliation
- Prepare spreadsheets for credit card payments
- Responsible for managing the aged accounts payable listings and following
up on uncashed checks.
Education & Experience:
- Preferred: Associate’s degree from an accredited college/university and two years of
relevant work experience in a non-profit environment; or at least four years of
relevant work experience in a non-profit environment.
- 4 years of Office Administration experience will also be considered
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
1. Experience with QuickBooks is preferred.
2. Ability to multitask and prioritize duties.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Strong customer service, attention to detail, organization, and follow-through.
5. Ability to handle a high work volume and meet weekly and monthly
deadlines and expectations.
6. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a motivated attitude.
7. Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google
8. Ability to empathize with program participants and their barriers to
becoming productive community members.
9. Ability to maintain positive working relationships.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Taos, NM 87571: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Apply on Indeed.com