PT Thrift Store Sales Clerk
SCOPE OF POSITION: Ensure smooth, professional, and efficient store operations; and always striving to increase income for the store. Take an active role in problem-solving and implementing solutions as needed for facility, grounds, and equipment (including cash register and store alarm system).
- Accept and sort through all donations, separating good merchandise that can be made available to customers.
- Always striving to increase income from the store.
- Distribute in-kind receipts for donations.
- Display and price all merchandise to be sold in the store.
- Handle sales at cash register.
- Have the store open during the advertised hours.
- Keep the store and surrounding area neat, clean and attractive.
- Provide accurate end-of-day sales report and make deposit.
- Model respectful interaction with staff, volunteers, customers and donors.
- Keep abreast of new and innovate merchandising and display ideas.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings as needed.
- Become knowledgeable of the ways in which working with people who have experienced trauma, DV and SA, impacts employees and proactively work to limit the effects of compassion fatigue by seeking supervision when common signs are present.
- Engage in reflective supervision and actively examine how this work impacts you and how you impact the people that you work with as well as co-workers.
- Participate in a minimum of three agency events each year.
- Abide by confidentiality required by CAV.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by CAV Thrift Store Manager, HR/Operations Manager and Executive Director.
- Be available to assist in other support services in the office and community as requested by the Thrift Store Manager, HR/Operations Manager and Executive Director.