Now hiring Housekeepers to join us for our 2019 summer season!
“Ski the Change You Want to See in The World”
With a Purpose like Enjoy. Protect. Give. it’s no wonder we’ve built an incredible team living our values both personally and professionally, each and every day. Join the movement by applying today!
As a Housekeeper, you aide in fostering The Blake’s welcoming environment in the beautiful alpine setting that is Taos Ski Valley. You share your passion for Taos through genuine conversation and simple gestures, which inspire lasting relationships for our guests and fellow employees. You are responsible for professionally and safely performing a combination of cleaning duties to maintain a safe, clean and orderly property for guests and employees. Your dedication to your work helps create special memories and a home-away-from-home experience for each of our guests every day.
- Must be highly detail-oriented
- Must take constructive criticism and frequent coaching well
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be willing to ask for help and/or clarification
- Must be able to adapt to change in policy and/or procedures as directed and offer suggestions to improve operations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required
- Fluent in verbal and written English, other language skills preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Prior hospitality/housekeeping experience preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings.
Total Compensation Package:
This is a seasonal position with benefits that include a free season pass, free employee shuttle, family & friends discounted tickets and excellent resort-wide discounts! Dependent upon FT or PT status, additional benefits may include paid wellness days and domestic partnership benefits.
Objectives of our overall compensation philosophy include:
- Fairly & competitively compensate within our region, industry & larger marketplace while keeping with our B Corp ethics
- Pair equity among genders and similar types of work, rather than relying on past wage history
- Support pay transparency & encourage openness on compensation topics
- Conducting regular, organization-wide pay analyses to ensure fair and unbiased compensation
- Rewarding those that are results-driven, contribute positively & bring additional value to the organization by aligning with our organization’s overall goals, B Corp ethics and sustainability guidelines.
Other sweet perks include:
- Retail, Rental, F&B, Lodging & Recreational discounts
- Totally cool deals on awesome gear
- Lift ticket discounts to partner resorts
- Internal recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Awesome staff events and cultural experiences
- Access to wellness programs and gym discounts!
- A robust Employee Assistance Program offering all kinds of wonderful perks!
- ...did we mention the views are gorgeous?!
Here at Taos Ski Valley, Inc. we want you to Be Yourself! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which means your gender, your sex life, your skin color, your age, disability, DNA, military status, who you love or your religious beliefs are all welcomed and appreciated here. We prefer to base our hiring on your values, your experience & qualifications, and your passions! So, if you’re stoked about the mountain, want to work for a B Corp, have a positive, can-do attitude and are good at what you do, then WE WANT YOU!
We have Boarders & Skiers, Hikers & Bee Keepers; Runners, Walkers & Climbers along with Musicians, Bikers and Diners. Let's not forget our Adventurers & Book Readers, Family People, and Single Leaders; Dog Lovers, Horse Riders, Cat Tamers, and River Guiders; Doctors & Fire Fighters, Artists, Farmers & Fire Lighters! Whatever your passions, education or background, we guarantee you'll feel at home once you're Taos bound.
Here, at the end of a box canyon surrounded by wilderness where the Rockies begin in the shadow of the iconic Kachina Peak is a place situated off the map of ordinary. A place that since its first lift was installed over 60 years ago has strived to stay true to its roots while growing better rather than bigger. Here we get a glimpse of the future, a ski area that is redefining what a year-round mountain resort can look like. A place that is independent, free-spirited, and intimate in scale. A place that is more home than a destination, more retreat than a resort and the people that come here are more family than guests.
This defining drive to be better is at our core, but better means more than how we do business, it reflects what nature and history have so generously given us. Big vertical and terrain, abundant snowfall and sunshine, and a rich cultural mosaic formed by the heritage of its original Pueblo people and vibrant Hispanic influences. By its community of artists and artisans and by the adventurers drawn to its spectacular wilderness. Today, amidst this enduring character are the winds of change, it’s a revitalization of Taos Ski Valley that will preserve both our values and our environment while reinvesting in lodging, infrastructure, lifts, snowmaking, and facilities. Our goal still is to grow better rather than bigger and to create something that is unique in approach that is supportive of our environment, our community and our culture. This vision for the future has helped make us the first ski resort in the world to earn B Corp Certification. It’s a symbol of where we’re headed and what we stand for.
Positions dealing with children, of safety-sensitive and/or confidential nature, require driving or positions that handle cash may require a background check and MVR check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check and MVR check.