Assistant F&B Manager
Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa seeks an experienced Assistant F&B Manager to assist the F&B Manager in managing the front and back of the house in a high-volume restaurant and lounge.
Summary Job Description:
The incumbent will support the F&B Manager in providing leadership and direction to drive guest and team member engagement, ensuring that all restaurant and lounge activities are performed professionally and efficiently, and creating the ultimate in guest experience.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Assists the F&B Manager in the following areas:
- Supervision of daily restaurant shift operations and ensure compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures all customers are provided with outstanding service.
- Ensures kitchen, restaurant, and bar operations are opened and closed according to policy.
- Responsible for ordering supplies, and inventory control and establishing relationship with suppliers ensuring the business receives competitive terms.
- Responsible for food hygiene, and health and safety compliance, documentation and resolution of issues.
- Responsible to assist in menu planning, development and meal specials.
- Provides leadership and guidance to all team members. Manages the restaurant and lounge when the Manager is not available.
- Ensure proper cash management controls are followed by all food & beverage staff members, as per policy
- Ensures the food & beverage operations are properly staffed with trained competent individuals.
- Assists in review of guest comments, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensures the environment of the department emphasizes motivation, empowerment, team work, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
- Other duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Manager or General Manager.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum 2 years previous experience as a food & beverage supervisor
- Experience in training and overseeing a staff of at least 10 food and beverage employees.
- Experience with POS and implementing SOP’s
- Safe Food Handler Certified, Smart Service Certified, and Alcohol Server certified
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Well versed in Food & Beverage inventory management and financial aspects.
- Ability to identify and solve problems efficiently and effectively.
Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs offers medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k plan, and employee discounts at Ojo Spa Resorts.
Send resume and cover letter to HR@ojospa.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
No agencies, please.