Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa seeks an experienced Kitchen Manager to assist the Restaurant Manager in managing the back of the house in a high-volume kitchen.
The Kitchen Manager will be responsible for all kitchen functions, including but not limited to food purchasing, receiving, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness. The Kitchen Manager is responsible for the training of employees in connection with purchasing, receiving, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Controls food cost and usage.
- Ensures that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition.
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Oversee safety and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Expedite food preparation as necessary.
- Performs the duties of a Pantry Cook and other kitchen positions as volume and staffing dictate.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated experience as a Kitchen Manager, preferably in a hotel or resort.
- Proven supervisory and team-building skills, including strong conflict resolution skills.
- Strong knowledge and attention to detail on back of the house operations including staff supervision, inventory controls, food/labor costs, and product quality.
- Valid New Mexico Food Handler certification and Alcohol Server Permit required before hire.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, weekdays, and holidays required.
- Ability to work in an environment where the employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, and noise.
- Ability to stand for eight or more hours per day, sit, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Stable and progressive work history; strong work ethic.
Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs offers medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k plan, and employee discounts at Ojo Spa Resorts.
Send resume and cover letter to HR@ojospa.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
No agencies, please.