Our commitment at Taos Ski Valley is to provide an experience, steeped in the spirit of Taos, that reminds us there is no other place we would rather be. Our roots are based in family and we strive with each interaction to bring that intimate vibe to connect with each other and the mountain.
Reports to: Taos Ski Valley Food & Beverage Director
Classification: Full Time Year Round
Schedule: Varying start times staggering from 6AM to 7AM with expectation of working 40-60 hours per week during peak season.
Compensation: Based on Experience
Taos Ski Valley, Inc. is an at will employer.
This job description is intended to be a broad description of duties. More specific information on duties and policies can be found with your supervisor or in the Employee Handbook. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Positions dealing with children or positions that handle cash require a background check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check.
- To orchestrate a memorable and unique banquet experience by leading a team of well-trained, inspired and passionate individuals. To build a loyal client base by exceeding guest expectations in every event by delivering an ever changing, but consistently engaging experience.
- Oversees Taos Ski Valley’s catering functions; both internal and external
- Supervise a group of 1-30 individuals depending upon time of year using both core and on call banquet staff.
- Responsible for planning and executing events using information passed on by sales & events managers.
- Uses IQware – IQBanquets to organize and map space for all events; sending out weekly reports to all on mountain departments for concise communication and accurate and timely billing.
- Conducts weekly BEO meetings to review equipment with all involved managers and departments as well as review upcoming 90 day reporting with sales team.
- Oversee the ordering and receiving of materials and supplies for all events.
- Maintain clear and organized records of all banquet spending MTD to ensure COGS and labor budgets are being maintained.
- Create event P&L statements for each event.
- Candidate must have responsible vendor card available at http://www.waytoserve.org/
Essential Job Functions:
- Love of being in High Altitude Alpine Environment
- High school diploma.
- Hospitality / College Level Completion Preferred
- New Mexico Food Handlers Certification
- Strong Computer Skills (Ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize inventory and purchasing software)
- 1-2 Years Previous High Volume Food & Beverage Leadership Experience
- 2-5 Years of Previous Banquet Management or Catering Experience
- Computer & Technical Skills : Work with multiple programs to analyze efficiency of space handling & creation of BEO using with clear communication to other departments .
- Decision-Making Skills: Banquet manager needs to use the information gathered by yourself and the sales managers to make decisions on behalf of your company in regards to pricing & space negotiation.
- Math & Excel Skills: Basic math skills will be needed to create final billing and tax rates as well as P&L statement.
- Excited at “start-up” opportunity and ready / willing to put together programs to build a relatively new successful banquet department
- Rising star in their previous organization/career
- Leads by example, hands on. Patient and persistent.
- Able to grow and build a team
For a full job description please email email@example.com