Taos Economic Indicators
The Taos Economic Reports that were done for the Taos County Chamber of Commerce and are listed on this page have become difficult to create on a timely manner due to the reporting of economic data by State and other agencies.
To make economic data available to our Members and the community we have compiled some interesting reports and links. These reports and links are based on the same basic information from Bureau of Business and Economic Research at the University of New Mexico (BBER) as our reports prior to and including the 2nd Quarter 2014.
Links to New Mexico Economic Data: State of New Mexico Economic Development http://gonm.biz/site-selection/state-data-center-program/
University of New Mexico Bureau of Business & Economic Research http://bber.unm.edu/
State University Economics, Applied Statistics & International Business Department http://business.nmsu.edu/departments/economics/
Taos County Association of Realtors - Local Real Estate Market Statistics http://taoscountyassociationofrealtors.com/2015_local_real_estate_market_stats.aspx
3rd & 4th Quarter 2014
Here is the GRT report for the 3rd & 4th Quarter of 2014. This is the latest data released by the State of New Mexico.
The download of GRT information is from the NM State Website: http://www.tax.newmexico.gov/quarterly-rp-80-reports-gross-receipts-by-geographic-area-and-2-digit-naics-code.aspx
3rd & 4th Quarter NM GRT Reports for Taos
NM Legislative Jobs Report December 2015
- NM Legislative Jobs ReportNew Mexico Legislature created the Jobs Council in 2013 to develop a framework and a process to help legislative leaders and key stakeholder interests get clarity and consensus on what it would take to get the state back to pre-recession employment levels. This is the report published in January 2016.
Personal Income in New Mexico
Personal Income by Major Component Personal income is the before-tax income received by people from all sources and is calculated as the sum of net earnings by place of residence, property income, and personal current transfer receipts (transfer payments). Net earnings is earnings by place of work - the sum of wages and salaries, supplements to wages and salaries, and proprietors’ income - less contributions for government social insurance, plus an adjustment to convert earnings by place of work to a place-of-residence basis.
The amount of goods and services an individual can purchase is dependent on their personal income. Per capita personal income is thus a measure of individual economic well-being and can be derived by dividing total personal income by total population.
Personal Income in New Mexico/US
The line chart above shows the growth in per capita income in New Mexico and the U.S. from 2000 to 2014. New Mexico’s per capita personal income in 2000 grew by about 8% and the growth decelerated till 2009 where it declined to a negative growth rate of 2.7%. It has peaked since then reaching a growth rate of 4.6% in 2014, a growth rate faster than the national average growth rate. In 2014 New Mexico’s per capita income of $37,605 grew by 4.6% compared to 2013, ranking New Mexico third in the nation for per capita personal income growth. The U.S. average per capita personal income grew by 3% in 2014.
New Mexico’s per capita personal income was 81.5% of the national average. Personal Income data is found below at the state, county and MSA levels for download. http://www.bea.gov/iTable/index_regional.cfm
To view and download data on other states, MSAs, counties, and other areas, please go to the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis website Personal Income by major Component for New Mexico, MSAs and Counties, 2001-2013 http://gonm.biz/uploads/documents/AllGeographiesPCPI.xls
Taos NM Census Data - 2010
- This data is a profile of general population and household characteristics - 2010 Census
2009 - 2013 Selected Economic Characteristics
- These 2009-2013 reports were generated by The American Community Survey (ACS). ACS is an ongoing survey that provides vital information on a yearly basis about our nation and its people. Information from the survey generates data that help determine how more than $400 billion in federal and state funds are distributed each year. Through the ACS, we know more about jobs and occupations, educational attainment, veterans, whether people own or rent their home, and other topics. Public officials, planners, and entrepreneurs use this information to assess the past and plan the future. When you respond to the ACS, you are doing your part to help your community plan hospitals and schools, support school lunch programs, improve emergency services, build bridges, and inform businesses looking to add jobs and expand to new markets, and more.
2009 - 2013 Taos NM Household Earnings by Industry Sector
2009 - 2013 Taos NM Household Demographics
Second Quarter 2014 Economic Report
First Quarter 2014 Economic Report
GRT Reported by Quarter 2014
2013 Taos Economic Report Overview
Fourth Quarter 2013 Economic Report
Third Quarter 2013 Economic Report
TCCC Economic and Tourism Analysis October 2013
- Economic and Tourism Analysis October 2013
- First Quarter 2013 Economic Report